Thursday, June 18, 2009

"Yosemite and the Tioga Pass" 6.14.09


Fathers Day. I was greeted in bed by my boys and a nice card that Noah made. They are good fellas and I am blessed to get to spend this time with them. Although Ethan said today that he has had plenty of nature. Well buckle up, because there is more on the way.

It was beautiful morning and our campground is very nice. Ethan, Noah and I threw football for a while and I had a great quiet time sitting at the picnic table outside our RV. We took our time getting ready and left the camp at noon.

The Tioga Pass crosses Yosemite National Park from east to west. It takes you through Tolumne Meadows, a couple of tunnels, a cliff side drive, around some beautiful lakes and some of the higher elevations of the park. I knew this drive would take a few hours. On the way we enjoyed the beautiful overlooks and also did a little bear watching.

We made it through the park and headed to our campground. We wanted to get set up and rest as we recovered from our sprint-like schedule. Tomorrow we would head back and begin to see some of the sites Yosemite has to offer.

2 comments:

  1. THIS sunday is Father's Day! :) Must be all that thin air and red rocks out there in the "west" lol...it's starting to play tricks w/ your mind! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's ok alan. I'm in Kentucky and I thought the 12th was Father's day! Brian said hey

    ReplyDelete